After we checked into our hotel in Brunswick, we drove to St. Simon Island's Lighthouse.
After much pleading, Dad and I went to the top. (It was overpriced, so Mom volunteered to stay on the ground and take the picture.)
The following info is for Grandpa Steve and Dad. Everyone else can read past:
This is Sidney Lanier Bridge. It is Georgia's tallest cable-stayed suspension bridge. It is 7,780 feet long and 486 feet tall. It contains 95,283 cubic yards of concrete and 14,810,095 pounds of steel.
How does a four-year-old know all that? I ask a lot of questions. But what I really do know is that it was great fun driving over to get from our hotel to Jekyll Island!
This is Sidney Lanier Bridge. It is Georgia's tallest cable-stayed suspension bridge. It is 7,780 feet long and 486 feet tall. It contains 95,283 cubic yards of concrete and 14,810,095 pounds of steel.
How does a four-year-old know all that? I ask a lot of questions. But what I really do know is that it was great fun driving over to get from our hotel to Jekyll Island!
This was the highlight of St. Simon's for me. The pelican on the fishing pier!
A fisherman was feeding it fish. I loved watching this and playing with the little girl.
View from the pier.



No comments:
Post a Comment