June 17, 2012

We interrupt this vacation . . .


When we went to Northern Georgia we rented a van since ours needs to go into the shop.   Sometime in the swapping of vehicles on the way home, Yellow Dog got lost.  Really lost.  We didn't notice until later that night when I wanted to go to sleep.  Where was Yellow Dog?  How was I supposed to sleep without him?  Lots of tears.  We looked everywhere for him.  After awhile, Dad drove all the way back to the restaurant and to the rental car place.  No sign of Yellow Dog.  I finally cried myself to sleep.
-
The next morning there were more tears.  Mom hadn't slept a wink.  I explained to Mom that I didn't feel like myself without Yellow Dog; and, I would never be happy again.  Tears and more tears.  Our little family went for another ride to see if we could find Yellow Dog.  We asked the owners of all the shops if someone turned him in.  I even showed them a picture of what he looked like.  No one had seen him.
-
Mimi, Michelle and Charlotte came over.  They wanted to do something that would make me happy.  I suggested swimming.  When we were loading stuff into the van, Daddy thought to look in the most unlikely of places - where the car jack is kept.  And guess who was in there? Yellow Dog!  Oh yeah, I forgot I put him in there when everyone was changing cars.
-
We went swimming, and then later the girls went to the American Girl store.  Then we had Michelle's magic lasagna for dinner.  (Mimi and Michelle were really nice, they made freezer meals for when Mommy has the baby.  Now we won't have to eat cereal every night.)
-
That night was a much better one.


No comments: